In LA, taking part in judging for Judging for the sixth annual Online Journalism Awards, presented by the Online News Association and the USC Annenberg School for Communication.
The jury for this year’s awards, which is meeting today and tomorrow at USC Annenberg, is:
- Beau Brendler, Director, Consumer Reports WebWatch
- Sue Gardner, Senior Director, CBC.ca
- Mitch Gelman, Senior Vice President And Executive Producer, CNN.com
- Ruth Gersh, Director of Online Services, AP Digital
- Rich Jaroslovsky, Executive Editor, Government and Economy, Bloomberg News
- Chris Jennewein, Director of Internet Operations, The Union-Tribune Publishing Co.
- Susan Mernit, Partner, Founder, 5ive Group
- Anthony Moor, Editor, OrlandoSentinel.com
- Michael Parks, professor and director, USC Annenberg School of Journalism
- Kevin Roderick, journalist, creator of the L.A. Observed blog
- Neal Scarbrough, Vice President and Senior News Editor, ESPN
The ONA will announce the finalists for this year’s awards Saturday evening, with the winners to be announced at the 2005 ONA Conference, Oct. 28-29 at the Hilton New York.
Susan sez: Kevin and I are the bloggerati in the group, but the (growing) openness of this organization is heartening and the process has offered up some cool surprises.