- Store your data at an ASP service like backpackit.com
- Get web based email (natch)
- Makre sure all access works before you go
Ken references an earlier Dan Gillmor piece in the Financial Times on travelling(and Dan should know, man’s a world-class globetrotter.) Dan’s must-carries:
- Retractable cables, including phone-modem, Ethernet, USB, FireWire and audio connectors.
- A power supply for my computer that plugs into wall sockets and airplane-seat power outlets
- A 80 gigabyte portable disk drive
- USB headset and microphone system for Skype
- Casio Exilim digital camera
- Bose QuietComfort 2 audio headphones
What tech tools do you bring on the road? Besides your laptop, that is?