PR Newswire: ComScore Media Metrix reports that in June 2005, more than 94 million people in the U.S., or 56 percent of the domestic Internet population, viewed a streaming video online. Over the three months ending June 2005, the average consumer viewed 73 minutes of streaming video content per month.
Findings from the June 2005 analysis :
- Male users, who represent 50 percent of the total online population, account for 61 percent of all video streamers.
- Male and female viewers spend virtually the same amount of time viewing online video content (72.4 and 70.6 minutes respectively).
- The 18-34 year-old male segment, which has proven difficult views a significantly greater 84 minutes
- of online video content per viewer.
- For the month of June, the Daytime daypart (10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) had the most streaming activity with 18 streams per streamer. This was
- followed closely by Late Night (1 a.m. to 7 a.m.) with nearly 17 streams per streamer and Late Fringe (11 p.m. to 1 a.m.) with 15 streams per streamer.