- Yahoo is clearly chasing Google to build the base tool set/platform for a consumer-driven Web 2.0
- It sends (yet another) signal to start-up entrepenurs in the tool set/social media space that acquisition is the most likely outcome for a viable product with a decent user base and cool apps
- There’s a (new) rush to acquire and integrate these new tools–and take them off the market
- The bubble–at least in Silicon Valley–is truly back(in other words, this convinced me)
- We’re moving into a digital divide between the application makers–Yahoo, Google, eBay–for example–and the media and information companies–who have the content, but lack the means to both build and integrate–that’s the reason they acquire, but can they do as much with the compaies they snap up?
Last thought: Why did they buy upcoming and not meetup?