A koan of questions:
- What makes local community sites successful?
- How do news, activism, and information fit together?
- Will as many people read as post?
- What makes local community sites and services sustainable (Besides the passion of their founders)?
- As news media fragments, fails and consolidates (think about how almost all the newspapers in the Bay area are currently owned by Dean Singleton), what will take its place?
- What is difference between information sharing and news on the local level?
- Are communities adequately served in their need to share information with those who are part of them? Are their opportunities for discourse?
- How can online tools empower more people in more communities?
- What does empower mean in a local context–are there a set of key behaviors to support?
- Revenue and business models–What will fund quality local online news and communities?
Folks, what are the other questions you’re asking about local online news and community? What are the best case studies you’re seeing? Please post here.