Like any app, twitter has a learning curve, and after about six weeks of active use, I feel like I’m crossing the threshold of being comfortable. What have I learned about successful tweeting, aka, rules to twit by? Here goes:
- Personality rules; voice and tone trump URLS
- It’s the (cyber virtual) watercooler–ask and ye shall be @ replied
- Little links are useful, but not if every post is twit-linking to your stuff (ugh)
- Twitter is beyond transparency, this is a medium where truly being expressive makes a huge difference
- Feel free to be opinionated, it’s not your blog
- Twitter is the small footprint of the Net; if it was a car, it would be carbon neutral.