Oh, twitter, I love thee, how do I count the ways? In a burst of year end enthusiasm, programmers and analysts alike have done a push on state of the twittersphere data.
HubSpots’s got a Technorati-inspired State of the Twittersphere PDF, and flip kromers got interesting data extraction/spreadsheet/database material.
Some stats from Hubspot:
- Twitter is dominated by newer users – 70% of Twitter users joined in 2008
- An estimated 5-10 thousand new accounts are opened per day
- 35% of Twitter users have 10 or fewer followers
- 9% of Twitter users follow no one at all
- about 2.7M users
- 10M tweets
- 58M edges
- 219,000 #hashtags
- full metadata on users and relationships
- calculated pagerank for users