Quote of the day: Participatory Journalism’s power shift

“All around us there has been a shift in power from companies to the consumer. This “bottoms-up” trend has been transforming the way we live our lives. Innovative companies from amazon to ebay, are leading the way in personalization and consumer-created content.?
–Joel Hyatt, CEO of Current, a new cable channel focusing on 18-34 year olds and emphasizing user-created content
(Via Jay Rosen)

Latest Comments

  1. Jackson West says:

    By ‘bottom-up’ do the mean the way they screw the people who submit content with low pay and draconian licensing terms? Or the fact that only 20% of the content on Current will be viewer submitted, and the other 80% produced by professional production companies on contract?
    Sorry. They’re starting to piss me off.

Latest Comments

Comments are closed.