Burning Man 2006?

I am thinking about going to Burning Man this year for the first time ever–I’d welcome advice from friends/readers/burners about where to camp, what to expect–you can leave comments here or email me.

1. michael quoc says:

highly recommend it! i went once a few years ago, just haven’t made it back but would like to. it’s a trip, expect lots of great vibes, awesome music, naked people, and more dust than you can imagine :)

2. Peter Horan says:

Check out Tribe.net. That spun out of the Burning Man Tribe. Mark Pincus the founder is knowledgeable about Burning Man

3. dan aronson says:

susan, I first went in 92 for BK’s wedding. What a trip. I think went back in 98,99, and 00. Thinking of taking R this year. I got a lot out of it each time I went. I think it is a really worthwhile thing for you to do.

4. Rafael says:

Hi, all good? I’m Rafael, I am a Brazilian student, and am making a work of interaction with other cultures, and would like to know if you it would like to know something more on the Brazil and to keep contact with me… kiss

5. Eric says:

It is one of the best parties in the country. It is also one of the best art shows. Dont’t camp antwhere near HOTD(hair of the dog) camp. GET GOGGLES!!!!! For both day and night wear. This is one of the most important items to bring!
    Have a BLAST!

6. dan aronson says:

oh yes, bring a bicycle too!

7. The Judge says:

Go to the burningman website. There you will find tons of information and about what to do and what to bring. Read the survival guide.
    In a nutshell:
    Goggles and dustmask
    sunscreen
    water water water
    Strong tent
    A good multivitamin and earplugs arent bad either.
    Then…
    Throw inhibitions and pre-conceived ideas of what the event will be and just accept whatever the event “is.” Try to embrace all of its nutty, crazy, weird atmosphere.
    If you ask 20 different people what the event is like, you will get 20 different answers. The real answer is that its different for everyone and its what you do to contribute to the city that makes the event what it is.
    Dont be a spectator. Participate. Get involved. Enjoy life, drink your water and have fun. That’s all there is to it.

8. JR says:

nice to see positive comments here because the folks I have asked questions, tips, etc have been very aloof and unhelpful… bordering on rude.. common reply was.. “look at the website” and when I said I had then they said “look online” and seemed to infer that I was lazy due to asking questions vs looking online… I just wanted to know more of the little things that make a big difference.. where to camp or recommended camps, necessities, etc…

9. jim bowers says:

The TriBe is planning another large scale art project for Burning Man 2006, and we’d like to invite you and your friends to be a part of it. In 2006 we are going to break the Guinness Worlds Record for the longest Chinese Festival Dragon! The current record is 1.89 miles, set at the great wall of China. We will attempt to break that record by connecting 530 twenty foot body sections together on the playa.
    Made From HULA HOOPS!
    Here’s the easy part. Each section is made from HULA HOOPS – PVC SPRINKLER PIPE AND BED SHEETS… that’s It! There are no special tools or expensive materials required. You can decorate it as much or as little as you want. The fiery and animated head will be created by Burning Man artist Jim Bowers, creator of the Eyes Of Gawd.
    So build as little as 10 feet or get your whole camp together – throw a dragon building party weekend – and build a 100 footer!
    Check Out The Website
    Take a look at our step by step online tutorial. Complete with photgraphs tips, tricks and a dash of Burning Man humor. Sign up to build the dragon and subscribe to our burningdragon yahoo groups chat list. The dragon is already over two football fields long and participants are throwing out new ideas and posting their own project snapshots.
    NO SPECTATORS! BE THE DRAGON!
    Hugs not handshakes,