The sex blogging blogosphere is in a swirl because that darn Google algo’s recalibrated something–and it looks like a batch of sex-positive blogs are suddenly missing in action;
Some of the coverage:
- Google “disappears” sex blogs? Something’s broken. (Boingboing)
- Will Google Kill Comstock Films? (Tony Comstock’s Blog)
- google is broken (violet blue)
- Chronicle Write disappears in porn clampdown (Valleywag)
- some thing less pretty and more dumb (pretty dumb things)
I checked this out myself and what’s happening is odd–Pretty dumb things doesn’t come up on page 1 of the (non-safe) search, but lots of sites that reference it do, and when I turned on the safe search filter, PDT didn’t come up at all. Tony Comstock says that Google has dropped the most basic referrals, like comstock films?, www.comstockfilms.com, and “tony comstock”.
Update: I just checked and the Comstock problem seems to no longer be valid–and violet blue comes right up at the top of her Google search, but Chelsea Girl is still MIA.–And some folks say this is part of some deep parsing of data Google has going on, to what end, unknown.