- MySpace is getting into the news business with launch due in early 2nd quarter, according to inside sources and the company’s own sales materials.
- MySpace News takes News to a whole new level by dynamically aggregating real-time news and blogs from top sites around the Web
- Creates focused, topical news pages that users can interact and engage with throughout their day
- MySpace is making the news social, allowing users to:Rate and comment on every news item that comes through the systemSubmit stories they think are cool and even author pieces from their MySpace blog
- MySpace users previously had to leave the site to find comprehensive news, gossip, sporting news, etc. With MySpace News, we bring the news to them!
Terry is alarmed, but the reality is MySpace can make this claim and do something as simple as launch its own branded newsreader and/or blog feeds. Think about all the magazines and media properties that have done this–why wouldn’t MySpace? Not that big a deal, Terry–and maybe not the best alignment with the core uses of the site.