It’s 6:22 am, and in a few minutes I am going to move into gear and start the day of travel leading to 2 weeks in Michigan, in s house on a lake that A’s family built 90 years ago. This is my third visit, and it’s amazing how this house and this town have become a home place for me; a place I think about when I am not there, and look forward to coming back to.
As a native New Yorker moved to the Bay area, I have no Michigan roots of my own, but I love it there…and look forward, every year, to learning more about the area.
This summer, I have big plans:
- swim, hike, bike, row, walk as much as possible
- read, nap, relax as much as possible
- write the product specs for Oakland Local and the related tools we want to build and get them back out the the team and contracted to build ASAP
- finish a tiny bit of client work I still need to complete
- write poetry
- read books
- blog and surf as much as I want to
- appreciate A, my wonderful partner
- miss my dog (but sleep later)
- I will be online, but further off the grid….can’t wait,