This is one of those putting it out there posts where if I tell the world, I am more obligated to do what I say. Short version: need to lose weight and exercise more–and consistently.
I just got my blood tests back and my triglycerides are borderline, not high, but not ideal, That’s fat in the blood, folks, so I want to bring it down.
Here’s what I am thinking:
- Eat less, particularly animal fat, cut carbs, etc
- Eat more omega-3 foods–especially that flaxseed oil sitting in the fridge, untouched
- Go vegan 2 meals a day (the Mark Bittman technique from Food Matters
- Eat alot more apples, whole grains,oat bran, brown rice, legumes & lentils
- Take carnatine, aceytl-carnatine supplements
- Walk more, bike more and do a lot more dancing and hiking (exercise I enjoy)
Really do all the above (this is the hardest part)
So my goal is to get moving on all this, get re-tested in 6 months, and see improvement. Okay, back on the diet horse,